Monday 23 June 2014

WC I Millau - Update


On Sunday the official training started which means lots of people on the water and not much time for the individual on the wave.

So I decided to go for a hike in the morning – the place I chose is called Montpellier le Vieux. It´s a karst plateau with amazing rock formations.
It´s got a nice network of trails and all of the formations have been named by a local geographer.

Here are a few pics from the hike:





 Can you see the lizard hiding in the grass?



 Panorama shot










 Different view of the Viaduc du Millau

In the afternoon at 4 pm it was time for a training session – and it turned out a lot better than I expected: only 9 people in the group – that left more than 6 minutes to each of us! And after about 30 minutes some people stopped paddling so there wa even more time left for the rest of us!
Team Austria (Marcel and myself) paddled with the Polish and the Belgian Teams – some of those people also were in our training group at last years worlds.

Before the actual paddling I took some pics of the group ahead of us – Russia and Japan:


 Katya Kulkova in a Space Godzilla

On Tuesday our training was scheduled for the morning – so I took my camera with me to get some more pictures of the group ahead of us. This time the Czech team was there too so the eddy was a little bit more busy than the other day.
The weather looked like rain and is was quite dark so I had to get my good lens out to get some decent pictures.

Bartosz and Lucas´ dog have got everything under control!


Ondra in a McNasty




And here´s a nice Loop by Stas captured in 13 pictures:
(it´s a gif picture - you might need to right-click and reload it!!)








No comments:

Post a Comment