Friday 23 August 2013

Pigeon River

For the last 2 days I went to another river: the Pigeon River. There´s also an extremely nice playspot - really good to learn new moves!! I went there with friends from Poland, Zosia and Tomasz. The queues in the eddies at the Nantahala river were quite long so we decided to move over there for 2 days. It´s about 80 minutes of driving on the interstate through picturesque forests. And finally the sun really broke through! Also the water was a lot warmer than the Nantahala river. Tomasz and lots of other people said that it´s a perfect spot to learn new moves - so I decided to work on the McNasty - and on the 2nd day I managed to work it out!!!!! Thanks again to Zosia for the tip!!! ;)Later on the first day ruling Freestyle Worldchampion Claire O´hara and Jez came there to train. Now I just have to make it work on the other playspot over at NOC!!!! On the 2nd day over at the Pigeon River a part of the spanish team joined us: Nuria and Qim decided to flee the crowded shores of the Nantahala River. And I´ve had my first "wildlife experience": a small watersnake curled up on a uprooted tree above the water (Nuria was the first to see and pointed the snake ou to the other kayakers). No bears or racoons or other wildlife till now!
In these pics: Claire O´hara, Jez, Zosia, Tomasz, Quim Fontane Maso, Nuria Fontane Maso.

And here´s a pic of me (thanks for this to Tomasz and Zosia :D)

No comments:

Post a Comment