Sunday 18 August 2013

Finally arrived at the NOC

I arrived on the campsite in the middle of the night. Driving through a dark and foreign country was an interesting experience. Luckily my google navigation did work! I set up my tent with my headlight and unpacked just the necessary items. After almost 24 hours "on the road" I slept quite well - always in mind that there are raccoons and bears around... In the morning I went for a walk down to the NOC and watched other kayakers train - the playspot really looks very similiar to our austrian homespot, the "Helliwelli" at Wildalpen. In the afternoon I went for my first trainingsession - I really like the spot!!!! It looks not only similiar to the Helliwelli - it feels similiar too when paddling! There´s still a lot to do and learn - but with Peter Csonka as coach this shouldn´t be a problem ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment