Tuesday 26 November 2013

Another 2 weeks have gone by really fast here in Uganda!

I´m seeing patients during the week at the clinic and on the weekend I´ve been paddling on the mighty Nile.
I had an amazing day on Saturday, paddling the river down to the Hairy Lemon with a big crew of kayakers. The boda-ride was a little bit scary though and Paul and me had a few close calls - so never chose a young boda driver - they usually can´t handle the boda boda! We were really lucky nothing happened - but: lesson learned! After 2 hours at Superhole, running the river, a short stop at the ferry station above Nile Special for Jabati we stayed at NIle Special for another 2 hours - a long day on the river! And on Sunday waterlevel was really good for Club Wave and went there before breakfast and went back for  another session after having breakfast. And on Monday morning Club Wave was at the best level I have ever seen it! Unfortunately Jessie Stone and me had to get back to Bujagali to the Clinic...









The clinic is busy as ever and this week on Thursday will be a huge family planning event: A gynecologist from the USA will be here and perform tubal ligations under local anesthesia - I´m really thrilled to see this - it´s going to be a huge experience!

And a really nice sunset here at the NRE-Camp tonight:



No comments:

Post a Comment